DHL through it’s charitable foundation has again provided a donation to the Trust, this year with an increased amount of £200 in recognition of the time DHL employee Eddy Case spends volunteering in support of the Trust. Eddy supports us by:
- acting as the volunteer co-ordinator for our regular work parties, see photo, although Eddy is usually the one with the camera in his hand;
- being trained to apply pesticide to Japanese Knotweed and the like;
- taking the lead in looking at the merchandise that the Society sells to raise funds;
- attending various shows that the Trust and Society attend to canvas for new members and supporters;
- being a member of the Society committee.
These are some of the reasons why Eddy was awarded with the Kate Birtles shield at the last AGM in recognition of his significant contribution to the Trust and Society.