Become a Member
The Trust always welcomes new members. Whether you want to be a passive supporter or become more active you will be welcome. We need members to help develop ideas, support various committees, hopefully in the near future help operate a trip boat, help with fundraising, engineering work parties or simply come along and enjoy the social events. An increased membership does give us greater influence with the Local Authorities and other bodies such as funders. For this reason we keep the membership fees low.
We have annual or monthly “Friends” membership with the monthly membership being from just £2 per month, together with the option of Life membership. At the present time we can only offer the monthly Friends membership by standing order so please complete the paper form at the bottom of this page. We also have options for clubs and associations and businesses to become members.
Members will receive “The Packet” our twice per year publication and a warm welcome at any event. Members can also enter our monthly draw.
In addition, we have now added a dedicated form to allow membership to be purchased as a gift to another; whether for Christmas, or a birthday or any other event for that hard to buy for friend or relative.
The recipient will receive:
- A Gift Membership Certificate and introductory letter
- A copy of the book The Heritage of the Derby Canal
- The most recent edition of The Packet magazine and all editions published during the period of membership
- Details of the website, Trust social meeting programme, working party programme and monthly draw
- Details of how to renew membership before expiry (this will be repeated 4 – 6 weeks before expiry)